Monday, January 11, 2010

2010!!!

Whoa. 2010 has been fucking BUSY. "The day job" has picked up/gotten busier again, and has been a lot of fun. I also work part-time for Parafora Presents: and I also started working on my Master's Degree again. Doing hw is weird, and doing show work is fun. How I still find time for outdoor fun is beyond me, but I seem to be doing OK.
The holidays were amazing, got to hangout with some amazing people who don't live here anymore, like Robin, Laura, Dina, etc. Took a toll on my wallet though. Also got to have some hang time with my Grandma. She is 90, but she is still smart as a whip. Another highlight was New Years, my friend Bryan came to town from Sarasota. Love that guy. We always manage to end up singing along to Face to Face (which I couldn't get to load on the jukebox the next time I went back. I think they took it off?!)
2009 didn't necessarily end the way I wanted it. 2010 is at least starting the way I wanted it to. Swim.
Anyways, I wanted to make a post because Parafora Presents: has some interesting shows coming up, and I made a mix of some of the upcoming bands. Here is a track list:
1- Casiotone for the Painfully Alone (1.24.10)
2. An Introduction to Sunshine (1.16.10)
3. Dead Confederate (1.19.10)
4. Surfer Blood (1.26.10- Parafora Presents: 3 year anniversary)
5. Cold Cave (2.09.10)
6. Nite Jewel (2.09.10)
7. The Tenant (1.26.10- Parafora Presents: 3 year anniversary)
8. Surfer Blood (1.26.10- Parafora Presents: 3 year anniversary)
9. Monotonix (1.26.10- Parafora Presents: 3 year anniversary)
10. Warpaint. (2.19.10)
11. Evan Dando (2.13.10)
12. A Place To Bury Strangers (4.04.10)
13. Akron/Family (2.19.10)

So go listen to it. Email if you want a DL link. Maybe you will find a band you like that you haven't listened to yet.

Supposed to interview Tony Weinbender, Chris Anderson, Wayne (the sound dude at The Social) if I ever find time to write up some questions. And hopefully Davey from Of Montreal if he has time and agrees to it. Oh, and my room is a pig stye. Anybody wanna clean that shit for me? (hey, something has to give, and I hate cleaning.)
Also, I found a cool review of a show I booked over in Tampa, with Look Mexico, Mike Dunn and The Kings of New England, Andy Matchett & The Minks, and The Equines. Check it.

Upcoming shows from Parafora Presents:
1.16.10: An Introduction to Sunshine, Andy Matchett & The Minks, Lonesome City Travellers, The Equines
1.19.10: Dead Confederate, Great Deceivers, Bananafish, The Beauvilles
1.24.10: Casiotone for the Painfully Alone, Emily Reo, Guests
1.26.10: Parafora Presents: 3 Year Anniversary Party. Monotonix, Surfer Blood, The Tenant, Basements of Florida, Yip Yip
1.28.10: Smashing Pumpkins cover set by Mumpsy.
1.29.10: Thomas Wynn & The Believers, Jonathan Tyler & The Northern Lights, King Bee
2.09.10: Cold Cave, Nite Jewel, Technobox, Emily Reo
2.13.10: Evan Dando (of The Lemonheads), Sterling Schroeder & The Chosen Ones, Guest
2.19.10: Akron/Family, Warpaint, Queen of Spain
2.23.10: Rachel Goodrich, Bananafish, Guest
3.15.10: Leatherface, Yesterday's Ring, The Attack
4.04.10: A Place to Bury Strangers, Guests

3 comments:

  1. there was no hanging with us, booo! happy new year bud, hope to see more of you this go-round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish, I never know when you're here till last minute. I miss you guys a lot and would love to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that link wont work, try this http://www.mediafire.com/?l3zwqtj3nzu

    ReplyDelete